One of the smallest countries in South America, tourist-friendly Uruguay is often called the “Switzerland of South America” because of its consistent economic development and progressive society. Open-minded Montevideo serves as the starting point of most Uruguay holidays, offering visitors an eclectic cultural scene and a chance to discover some of South America’s major architectural treasures. Away from the cosmopolitan capital city, vacations in Uruguay involve exploring wildlife-rich areas along the Atlantic and touring the rustic interior on horseback, gaucho style. In this sports-loving country, the highlight of your Uruguay trip might just be a soccer match between Penarol and Nacional, the country’s two major clubs.
Cities in Uruguay
Montevideo: Proudly preserving its rich heritage, the capital remains one of the most entertaining places to visit in Uruguay with its a rich cultural scene and plenty of developed beaches.
Colonia del Sacramento: This World Heritage-listed city offers a chance to admire well-preserved colonial architecture while enjoying all the amenities of a modern Uruguay vacation destination.
Punta del Este: One of South America’s most glamorous holiday resorts appeals to tourists with deep pockets and Uruguay’s superstars–their loyalty to the town has earned it the the nickname “Monaco of South America.”
Piriapolis: Named after its founder, Francisco Piria, this coastal town ranks among Uruguay’s premier beach resort destinations.
Salto: A trip to one of Uruguay’s largest urban centers offers a diverse Uruguay holiday experience filled with shopping and dining along attractive riverfront areas.
Punta Ballena: Offering 12 km (7.5 mi) of beaches and an array of resorts, Punta Ballena allows visitors to choose from a selection of eco-tourism experiences, including hang gliding.
Day 1:Fly/Colonia del Sacramento
Upon arrival in Uruguay you’ll be welcomed at international airport and depart for hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. In the evening, you will proceed to Citadel Gate. Overnight at hotel.
Day 2:Colonia del Sacramento
After breakfast, you will go for a Day Trip to Colonia Wineries. You will explore the one of the oldest and most important wineries in Uruguay, boutique winery and a family winery. Learn about the wine history in Uruguay and the famous Tannat wine. Overnight at hotel.
Day 3:Colonia del Sacramento
After breakfast, you will proceed to Colonia Del Sacramento Day Trip. Explore the colonial charm & history of this coastal city and visit Barrio Histórico and Colonia’s historic area. Explore a UNESCO World Heritage Site and visit the Real de San Carlos area. Overnight at hotel.
Day 4:Colonia del Sacramento/Montevideo
After breakfast, Depart Colonia del Sacramento and travel Montevideo by vehicle. Rest of the day at leisure. In the evening, you will proceed to Montevideo Dinner and Tango Show. See exceptional dancers perform tango and enjoy a dinner of Uruguay’s traditional dishes filled with barbequed meat. Overnight at hotel.
After breakfast, you will go for a Day Trip to Colonia from Montevideo. Explore the cobblestone streets through Barrio Histórico, the UNESCO World Heritage-listed historic area of Colonia. After that, you will visit the Fernando’s Beach and Real de San Carlos, Colonia’s former bullfighting arena. Overnight at hotel.
After breakfast, you will proceed to Montevideo Shore Excursion- Private Sightseeing Tour With Optional Winery Tour And Tasting. Visit top attractions like Parliament Palace, Constitution Square and Independence Plaza. You can see Prado Park with its rose garden and several monuments, including the Obelisk and La Carreta. You will visit the local vineyard and winery, and learn about Uruguay’s wine making tradition. After that, you will proceed to Montevideo City Tour and explore the residential neighborhoods of Carrasco, Punta Gorda and Pocitos. You can see vast beaches and beautiful promenade areas. Overnight at hotel.
After breakfast, you will proceed to Punta Del Este Day Trip From Montevideo. You will visit famous Casa Pueblo, an astounding Mediterranean-style villa & art gallery and see the colorful houses and pristine beaches. After that, see the beach’s famous Fingers sculpture protruding from the sand and watch surfers out on the waves. Overnight at hotel.
Day 8:Montevideo/Punta del Este
After breakfast, Depart Montevideo and travel Punta del Este by vehicle. Rest of the day at leisure. In the evening, you will proceed to Punta Del Este City Sightseeing Tour. You can see the beach’s famous ‘Fingers’ sculpture protruding from the sand and also enjoy surfing. Overnight at hotel.
Day 9:Punta del Este
After breakfast, you will go for a Montevideo Day Trip From Punta Del Este. You can see beautiful Independence Plaza, Palacio Salvo and the Port of Montevideo. A short walk along a waterfront promenade and Las Ramblas of Montevideo. Overnight at hotel.
Day 10:Punta del Este/Fly
After breakfast at the hotel, your driver will come and pick you up at the required time for your flight back home.
- Meet & Greet services by our local representative at the airport
- Stay in 3 star hotels
- 9 nights accommodation
- 9 breakfast
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary
- Airport transfers at all the places mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips and porterage at hotels
- Any increase in the airfare.
- Visa charges.
- Travel insurance.
- Surcharge / peak season charges / Festival or exhibition surcharges if applicable.
- Any expense of personal nature.
- Anything not included in the “Package Inclusions”.
Highlights of the tour
- Return airfare with tax, 3 nights accommodation in Colonia Del Sacramento, 4 nights accommodation in Montevideo, 2 nights in Punta Del Este, meals as per itinerary, sightseeing as per itinerary, airport transfers.
- Above rates are not valid during any major event and exhibition.
- Above rates and dates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Above rate would not club with any other promotion.
- Child age will be considered as per hotel child policy so kindly confirm with our sales team before committing.
- 5 % GST will be extra.
- Initial deposit – rs. 50,000/- to confirm your booking with us.
- 2nd payment 50% of the tour cost at least 45 days prior
- Remaining full payment 15 days before departure- 100% of the tour cost.
- Date of booking to 30 days the cancellation charges will be 25% of the tour cost.
- 30 to 15 days – the cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost.
- 15 to 7 days – the cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost.
- Less than 7 days – Total amount will be forfeited and no refund shall be given.
- No show – Total amount will be forfeited and no refund shall be given.
- Cancellation Policy is subject to change. It’s purely depends upon the cancellation policy of respective hotels. In Peak seasons, Some hotels may charge 100% cancellation. Refunds normally take 10 working days after the cancellation request has been raised & transferred electronically to your bank account.