Madagascar is, above all, a nature destination. While there are certainly interesting man-made facets of the country – including colonial towns, native crafts, and sleepy coastal villages – Madagascar is an eco-traveller’s dream. From endless jungles filled with endemic plants, rare birds, and endangered animals, to the white-sand beaches of the Malagasy islands and limestone karst formations of Ankarana, the island is an explosion of nature at each turn. Cut off from the African mainland 165 million years ago, Madagascar evolved in isolation, leading to many unique and endemic species. The hands-down superstars of this wild performance are the endangered lemur, of which 90 percent of the surviving global population is found only here.
Lemurs, baobabs, rainforest, desert, hiking and diving: Madagascar is a dream destination for outdoors enthusiasts – half the fun is getting to all these incredible attractions.
The island’s signature animal is the lemur of course, but there are many more weird and wonderful creatures: the eerie-looking fossa (a cat-like predator), colourful and camouflaged chameleons, oddly shaped insects, vivid frogs, graceful rays and turtles, several species of sharks, and humpback whales during the winter months. Trees and plants are just as impressive, be they the distinctively shaped baobabs, the fanning ravinala (travellers’ palm), the hundreds of orchids or the spiny forests of the desert south.
Madagascar has been populated by successive waves of migrants from various corners of the Indian Ocean. This cultural melting pot has evolved into an intricate set of beliefs and rituals that revere ancestors’ spirits. For travellers, attending a famadihana (traditional exhumation and reburial when relatives can communicate with their forebears) can be the highlight of a trip. There is much history to discover, too, from Antananarivo’s sacred hills to the pirate history of Île Sainte Marie.
You will be met and transferred on arrival in Nosy Be to your comfortable hotel, today you will visit the Nosy Be Island. See the sacred tree and drive down the airport road perfumed by the coffee and ylang-ylang trees. After enjoying the lunch, back to the hotel and take rest. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2:Nosy Be
Today is free for you to explore and enjoy Madagascar’s Nosy Be at leisure. Excursions are offered to the smaller surrounding islands off Nosy Be such as Nosy Komba with a chance to view the semi-tame Black Lemurs, Nosy Tanikely for exceptional snorkeling and Scuba diving off the island of Nosy Sakatia. After that, you will move to Nosy Tanikely which is a small marine sanctuary of Madagascar located in the southwest of Nosy Be. Here you will enjoy bathing in the sea, snorkeling, Far Niente, walk around the island or go up to the lighthouse to see giant bats and lemurs. overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 3:Nosy Be- Into the Waters
After breakfast, you will get ready to explore a day tour full of fun & adventure. We start the wooden sailboat journey from Nosy Komba. Enjoy a sail upon catamaran under the great Madagascan sun. After lunch, you will move to Nosy Iranja which is a beautiful single island and it is famous as turtles breeding site. Here you will watch all kinds of birds, there are some herons and seldom sea eagles too. overnight at hotel.
Day 4:Nosy Be III
Today you will go Scuba diving off the island of Nosy Sakatia. Watch the beautiful sea creatures including fishes and corals that you don’t get to see always. It will be a lifetime experience to dive to the sea bed with all the aquatic creatures swarming around you. An organized spice tour may be arranged through the lodge or perhaps a ride into Hell-Ville to visit the bustling daily market – a good place to pick up spices at very reasonable prices. Enjoy a sundowner at the tiny rustic bar at the top of mount Passot, taking in the breathtaking view of the 7 sacred crater lakes. Or why not enjoy a sail upon a catamaran under the great Madagascan sun. Fishing and diving trips may also be arranged, or simply just enjoy a cocktail or two on the beach admiring the hues of sunset. All these excursions are optional and for your own expense.
Day 5:Nosy Be - Antananarivo
After a leisurely breakfast, check out of the hotel and transfer to the airport for your departing flight to Antananarivo. Upon arrival, you will be met at the airport & will head to Andasibe through the green and luxuriant vegetation of the east. Today here you visit Lemurs Park, which is a beautiful natural set up of Antananarivo city, in a form of lemurs home. Here you’ll explore the famous sites, avenues, the craft centers, museums, churches, and royal palaces. After that visit Mantasoa, At this place, you can see the charming artificial lake that provides an idyllic spot. This place has admirable surroundings where you can enjoy the natural scenery of the lake Mantasoa and also see beautiful surrounding areas. Back to the hotel where we overnight.
After breakfast, we take a morning visit to the beautiful town area of Madagascar, which is Ampefy. Here you see a village perched on the edge of the Lily. You can also see beautiful surrounding areas. You can see the beautiful views of the Virgin Mary and the Lily waterfall. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay at the hotel.
After breakfast, we head to Botanical & Zoological Park Tsimbazaza. At this beautiful place and you can see the beautiful view of bamboo trees and an arboretum. You’ll also explore the paleontological and ethnographic museum where you can find a complete skeleton of Aepyornis, archaeolemurids of skeletons and bones of dinosaurs. At the day, end you will be taken to your hotel near the airport for your last night in Madagascar.
Check out of your hotel & head to Tana airport, for your homeward flight. Hope you had nice vacations with us!
- Transfers as mentioned in the itinerary
- Taxes and service charges
- Hotels mentioned in the itinerary
- Tour operator travel funds
- Continental or buffet breakfast daily
- Optional tours
- Entry Visa Fees
- Supplement for guides other than English
- Personal expenses
- Anything else not included in the itinerary
Highlights of the tour
- Return airfare with tax, 4 Nights accommodation in Nosy Be, 3 Nights accommodation in Antananarivo, meals as per itinerary, sightseeing as per itinerary, airport transfers.
- Above rates are not valid during any major event and exhibition.
- Above rates and dates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Above rate would not club with any other promotion.
- Child age will be considered as per hotel child policy so kindly confirm with our sales team before committing.
- 5 % GST will be extra.
- All taxes inclusive are as on date. Any future hike will be charged extra.
- Initial deposit – rs. 40,000/- to confirm your booking with us.
- 2nd payment 50% of the tour cost at least 45 days prior.
- Remaining full payment 15 days before departure- 100% of the tour cost.
- Date of booking to 30 days the cancellation charges will be 25% of the tour cost.
- 30 to 15 days – the cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost.
- 15 to 7 days – the cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost.
- Less than 7 days – Total amount will be forfeited and no refund shall be given.
- No show – Total amount will be forfeited and no refund shall be given.
- Cancellation Policy is subject to change. It’s purely depends upon the cancellation policy of respective hotels. In Peak seasons, Some hotels may charge 100% cancellation. Refunds normally take 10 working days after the cancellation request has been raised & transferred electronically to your bank account.