Laos is the secret pearl of Southeast Asia where the concept of time disappears. Pastured landscapes give way to stunning waterfalls. Monks glow in their orange robes as temples rise and glisten. The world of Laos is calm and serene, making every day here a timeless treasure to remember.
Laos is a country as yet untouched by the modern demands, stress and peace of life. Laos is full of cultural attractions and natural wonders: temples that reflect the past 500 years of Buddhist architecture, massive stone jars that defy easy explanation, caves crammed full of Buddha images, and a host of eco-friendly options. Below, you’ll find a selection of our most popular tours, but the list is by no means exhaustive. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, please ask us for help.
Long overlooked by travelers due to its reputation as one of the world’s poorest nations, Laos is drawing a growing number of visitors with its laid-back charm, natural beauty, and numerous archaeological sites and historic temples. On top of the rich cultural heritage and impressive natural landscapes, its major treasure remains its people–friendly and devout Buddhists welcoming visitors with a genuine hospitality rarely felt in other parts of the world. Laos is in Asia. Our Laos trip planner combines visitor reviews with your personal interests to make an itinerary informed by experts, but tailored to suit your style.
Day 1:Vientiane I
Upon arrival at the airport, you will be met by your guide and given a brief tour of Vientiane, the largest city in Laos. You will visit sights such as Pha That Luang, Lao’s most important and imposing monument. Legend has it that Ashokan missionaries from India erected a stupa here to enclose a breastbone of the Buddha as early as the 3rd century BC.
Day 2:Vientiane II
After breakfast, you’ll visit more of Vientiane’s temples. Wat Si Saket has thousands of Buddha images, and Wat Ong Teu Mahawihan (Temple of the Heavy Buddha), which is one of the most important in all of Laos. It was built in the early 16th century by King Setthathirat and currently serves as a national center for Buddhist studies. At Wat Xieng Khuan (Buddha Park), you can see the collection of Buddhist and Hindu sculptures in a meadow by the side of the Mekong River. After that, you will move to enjoy your wonderful visit in the spiritual land of Luang Prabang.Finish the day with a visit to the central market. Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 3:Vientiane-Vang Vieng
After breakfast at your hotel, depart for Vang Vieng. At this place, you will see a beautiful turquoise blue, clean, refreshingly cold and filled with an abundance of fish. Here you enjoy the hot sweaty bike ride on the bone-jarring dirt road. You can also enjoy big plastic slide and ugly wood huts with tin roofs along the water to enjoy beer and food. overnight at hotel.
Day 4:Vang Vieng- Luang Prabang
After breakfast, courtesy of your Laos tour package, we head out of town and visit the famous cave of Tham Jang. This was once used by locals as a hideout against the marauding Chinese invaders. We cross the river to Ban Huai Ngai, a very pleasant village where we can experience yet another different local lifestyle. Soon after leaving Vang Vieng, the roads begin to deteriorate. The stunning mountain scenery does, though, make for an interesting journey. We wind our way through Kasi and Phoukhoune to Luang Prabang. This beautiful town with its gleaming temple roofs, fading colonial architecture and stunning mountain backdrop has been claimed by UNESCO to be “the best preserved traditional city in Southeast Asia”. The roads are almost empty save for monks in orange robes scurrying in all directions carrying umbrellas to shade themselves from the sun. Your overnight stay is provided by your Laos tour package and is in Luang Prabang.
Day 5:Luang Prabang – City Tours
Your breakfast in Luang Prabang is again courtesy of your Laos tour package. You will then be collected by your Laos tour guide and together we will visit Wat Visoun; the site of the impressive Wat Makmo stupa. Built in 1796, the five-tiered roof of the wooden sim (chapel) epitomises the graceful Luang Prabang architectural style. Next we visit Wat Xieng Thong, which further emphasises the uniqueness of Luang Prabang, its several roofs sweeping low to the ground. Here you will be able to see the impressive “Tree Of Life” mosaic. You will next climb the 355 steps to the top of Mount Phousi. Plenty of rest stops on the way up. At the half way point, you can see the Wat Tham Phousi shrine and at the very top you will visit the gilded stupa. This part of your Laos holiday affords spectacular views of the city. After you come down the hillside you will be taken to visit Hmong Market, where the tradition Hmong vendors display their handicraft. Returning to your hotel, your Laos tour provides rest and overnight accommodation in Luang Prabang.
Day 6:Luang Prabang - Pak Ou Cave
We will have breakfast at the hotel. Afterward, we will take a Laos cruise upstream on The Mekong River. This provides a different view of the wonderful surrounding countryside. From here we will visit the mysterious Pak Ou Caves. These are crammed with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of various shapes and sizes. Later we will visit the village of Ban Xanghai. This interesting village is famous for the distillation of its local rice wine. On the return journey, we take a short drive to Ban Xang Khong village. Here local people hand weave and dye beautiful silk fabrics. After your Laos river cruise, your Laos tour again provides overnight accommodation in Luang Prabang.
Day 7:Luang Prabang – Departure
You will be taken to the airport after breakfast. This is where your Laos tour ends. We wish you a safe journey and a fond farewell.
- Bed & Breakfast accommodation in twin or shared double room
- All tours and transfers in air-conditioned private vehicles
- All meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- English speaking local guides
- Entrance fees to sites included in the tour itineraries
- Tickets for all boat trips included in tour itineraries
- Cold water and towels during tours
- Visa fees
- International air ticket and airport taxes
- Extra meals, drinks, tips and all personal expenses
- Supplement for guides other than English
- Anything not included in the itinerary
Highlights of the tour
- Return airfare with tax, 2 nights accommodation in Vientiane, 1 nights accommodation in Vang Vieng, 3 nights in in Luang Prabang, meals as per itinerary, sightseeing as per itinerary, airport transfers.
- Above rates are not valid during any major event and exhibition.
- Above rates and dates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Above rate would not club with any other promotion.
- Child age will be considered as per hotel child policy so kindly confirm with our sales team before committing.
- 5 % GST will be extra.
- Initial deposit – rs. 50,000/- to confirm your booking with us.
- 2nd payment 50% of the tour cost at least 45 days prior
- Remaining full payment 15 days before departure- 100% of the tour cost.
- Date of booking to 30 days the cancellation charges will be 25% of the tour cost.
- 30 to 15 days – the cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost.
- 15 to 7 days – the cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost.
- Less than 7 days – Total amount will be forfeited and no refund shall be given.
- No show – Total amount will be forfeited and no refund shall be given.
- Cancellation Policy is subject to change. It’s purely depends upon the cancellation policy of respective hotels. In Peak seasons, Some hotels may charge 100% cancellation. Refunds normally take 10 working days after the cancellation request has been raised & transferred electronically to your bank account.