True to its popular name, ‘God’s Own Country’, the state of Kerala is a treasure chest of natural wonders, man-made feats and vibrant culture. It is believed that the land, which is now Kerala, rose from the sea when Parasurama, the sixth incarnation of Lord Vishnu, threw his axe in the waters. Blessed with lush hills and sandy beaches, the state can be best explored with Yatra’s Kerala tour packages. While on a vacation to this splendid destination, you get ample opportunities to admire nature and relax. Kerala is also famed for its architecturally unique temples, among which Rajarajeswara, Padmanabhaswamy, Bathery Jain, Alathiyur Hanuman and Aranmula Parthasarathy temples are the most famous ones. Apart from these, Kerala holiday packages mostly include a visit to revered churches, grand forts, informative museums and opulent palaces. The local culture is something that everyone should indulge in at least once. Folk dances like Kathakali, Mohiniyattam and Koodiyattam all originated here, and witnessing their performances will certainly delight all. Attending the colourful and energetic Snake Boat Race during the harvest festival of Onam, and watching a traditional Kalaripayattu duel will take the holiday experience to another level.
Munnar is a perfect tourist spot to rejuvenate oneself from the hustle and bustle of city life. Moving on, visit Thekkady, where you can go trekking, take a walk through the Periyar wildlife sanctuary. Kumarakom beckons your attention to the backwater cruising, the delicious foods and visit to the bird sanctuary. Explore the city of Cochin, strolling through Mattanchery, Fort Kochi, Jew Street.
Day 1:COCHIN - MUNNAR
Arrive Kochi (colonial name Cochin) a vibrant city situated on the south – west coast of the Indian Peninsula in the breathtakingly scenic and prosperous state of Kerala, hailed as Gods Own Country. Informally, Cochin is also referred to as the Gateway to Kerala. On arrival transfer to Munnar. Munnar was the summer resort of the British and now is one of the most popular hill stations in Kerala. Enjoy the stunning view of the Cardamom hills & greenery of the Tea plantations. Arrive and transfer to hotel. Relax and enjoy the resort. Dinner &Overnight stay at the hotel in Munnar.
This morning after Breakfast, take a full day sightseeing tour of Munnar, Experience the Eravikullam National Park as per your own option, visit Tea Museum & Tea Gardens at your own optional cost, Covering Madupatty Dam & can do boat ride at additional cost, have lunch (on your own). Visit to Echo Point / Kundala Lake, Top Station (optional cost). Return to Munnar city, Evening back to the resort. Dinner & Overnight stay at the hotel in Munnar.
Day 3:MUNNAR –THEKKADY
Morning after Breakfast, Depart from Munnar to Thekkady. As you wind your way up the road, the wooded terrain clears to reveal a breathtaking plantations, Fill your lungs with fresh mountain air; savour the rich fragrance of cinnamon and cloves. Thekkady is situated 2800 ft above sea level; the climate is pleasantly cool throughout the year. On arrival check into hotel or proceed for an exciting boat ride on the Lake Periyar South Indias most popular wildlife sanctuary as per your own. This is the only wildlife sanctuary in India that offers the unique opportunity of viewing wild life in their natural habitat at close quarters from the safety of a boat on the lake. Enjoy a boat ride in the lake & tickets to be purchased by queue only at additional cost and if you are lucky you can watch young elephants drinking at the waters edge. Later enjoy elephant ride at elephant junction at additional cost or visit spice plantation, where cardamom, nutmeg and pepper are grown the entry fees is as per actual. Evening you can enjoy Martial art /Kathakali dance at Mudra Center at additional cost. Dinner & Overnight stay at the hotel in Thekkady.
Day 4:THEKKADY–KUMARAKOM / ALLEPPEY
This Morning after Breakfast departs to Kumarakom, popularly known as the Venice of East, this exotic backwater village consists of a cluster of island villages in and around the Vembanad Lake. Kerala offers some world best Ayurvedic treatments, giving you a complete relaxation of mind, body & soul. You can try the same at the resort at additional cost. On arrival at Kumarakom check into the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure or enjoy resorts facilities. Evening you can enjoy sunset cruise on Vembanad Lake. Dinner and Overnight stay at the hotel in Kumarakom.
Day 5:KUMARAKOM / ALLEPPEY
This day after Breakfast, you can proceed for a visit to the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary-Entry Fees Applicable as per actual as per your , where a significant number of bird species are known to make migratory visits. The park area covers around 15 acres and functions under the aegis of the govt. of Kerala. Birds like the Siberian crane, egret, heron, waterfowl, ducks, moorhens and Kingfisher are commonly found. Afternoon indulge in authentic Kerala Ayurvedic massages at additional cost. Dinner and Overnight stay at the hotel in Kumarakom.
Day 6:KUMARAKOM –KOVALAM/ POOVAR
This morning after Breakfast, depart to Kovalam. Kovalam – breathtakingly beautiful – a heaven of peace and tranquility an idyllic touristdestination in Gods own country. Backed by precipitously mounting headlands and covered by fertilecoconut palms, the beaches, especially the southernmost part of lighthouse beach, is a magnificent beach destination located only 19 kms, from the Trivendrum city. On arrival check into the hotel visit the famous Kovalam beach. Enjoy the evening on the beach. Dinner & Overnight stay at the hotel in Kovalam.
This day after Breakfast visit the Napier Museum in Trivandrum (Entry fees at own), an art and natural history museum is a landmark in the city with its unique ornamentation and architectural style. This Indo – Saracenic structure also boasts a natural air conditioning system. Later proceed to PadmanabhaSwami Temple. Later proceed to visit Kanyakumari (90 kms, 2hrs one-way – at additional cost)- the southernmost trip of South India. Kanyakumari takes its name from the Kumari Amman or Kanyakumari Temple, situated in the town, on the sea-shore, the very confluence of the three water – bodies – The Arabian Sea, The Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean. Visit the Vivekananda Rock Memorial (At additional cost), a sacred monument built on a rock in the middle of the sea. This is the place where the great spiritual teacher Swami Vivekananda attained Enlightment. Evening return back to Kovalam. Dinner & Overnight stay at the hotel in Kovalam/ Poovar.
Day 8:KOVALAM/ POOVAR – TRIVENDRUM
This day after Breakfast depart from Kovalam and drive to Trivandrum Airport for your flight to your home town. You return back with wonderful memories of Gods Own Country.
- Eravikulam National Park
- Mattupetty Dam
- Echo Point
- Tea Gardens And Museum
- Kundala Lake
- Spice Plantation
- Elephant Ride at the Elephant junction (if operational)
- Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary (Optional)
- Enjoy Beaches
- Entry fees will be applicable for above all Sightseeing
- 5% GST Extra
- Air / Train Fare.
- Meals other then mentioned above.
- Usage of mini bar.
- The Peak Season Supplement and Gala Dinner Charges on Christmas and New Year applicable as per Hotel Policy
- Cost for Optional Tours, up gradation Charges, Sightseeing Entry Fee & Guide Charges and special permits.
- Personal expenses such as Laundry, soft drinks, bottles of water, incidental, porter charges, tips, etc.
- Expenses incurred due to change in oil price, mishaps, landslides, strikes, political unrest, etc. high season surcharge if levied any.
Highlights of the tour
- Return economy class air ticket inclusive of taxes, Visa, 03 nights accommodation at Munnar, 02 nights Thekkady, 02 nights Kumarakom daily breakfast and sightseeing as per itinerary.
- Any govt. tax levied must be borne by the passengers only.
- Entrance fees of all sightseeing is at addtional cost.
- Pre ponement of journey is not allowed. It will be treated as cancellation & accordingly the cancellation charges will be applicable.
- Initial deposit – rs. 15,000/- to confirm your booking with us.
- 2nd payment 50% of the tour cost at least 45 days prior.
- Remaining full payment 15 days before departure- 100% of the tour cost.
- Date of booking to 30 days the cancellation charges will be 25% of the tour cost.
- 30 to 15 days – the cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost.
- 15 to 7 days – the cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost.
- Less than 7 days – Total amount will be forfeited and no refund shall be given.
- No show – Total amount will be forfeited and no refund shall be given.
- Cancellation Policy is subject to change. It’s purely depends upon the cancellation policy of respective hotels. In Peak seasons, Some hotels may charge 100% cancellation. Refunds normally take 10 working days after the cancellation request has been raised & transferred electronically to your bank account.