Find all the holiday packages of Greenland featured here on this portal. Our Greenland vacation packages offer comfortable stay at Greenland hotels, sightseeing and fun-filled activities. Buy Greenland tours and make the most of your vacation
This trip to Ilimanaq is ideal for you who want to experience the tranquil life of a Greenlandic settlement in beautiful and luxurious surroundings. This 6-day trip to Greenland’s newest luxury homes in Ilimanaq Lodge is ideal for you who want to enjoy one of the most beautiful places Greenland has to offer without spending too much time away from home.
Ilimanaq is home to several of the oldest buildings of the colonial era in Greenland. Furthermore, it is also known for the fine trout caught in the Tasiusaq area behind the village. Two of the old buildings in the village are restored and serve as reception, shop, museum, restaurant and conference center for Ilimanaq Lodge.
On this trip, you will experience the village, but you also get the opportunity to get out into the surrounding nature. You will most likely spot whales from your cabin and, in the evening, we offer Nordic Cuisine in one of the newly restored colonial buildings. Enjoy!
Day 1:WELCOME TO GREENLAND
Morning flight with Air Iceland Connect from Keflavik International Airport to Narsarsuaq. Transfer from the airport to the pier by boat through Erik’s Fjord to Narsaq. Enjoy the route to the town, before you transfer to the hotel by car for check-in and an information and welcome meeting followed by short city tour of Narsaq. In the evening, enjoy an included dinner.
Spend the night in Narsaq.
Day 2:NORSE RUINS & SCENIC NATURE HIKE
Narsaq, which means “the plain” in Greenlandic, is a charming town known for its colourful wood houses, where modern living is mixed with ancient traditions. It is an area of great geological and historical interest. Additionally, several interesting minerals can be found only a short hike from the town in the Kvanefjæld area as well as the Viking ruins of Dyrnæs and the Landnamsgård which are among the oldest Viking ruins found in South Greenland dating back to AD 1000.
Spend another night at Narsaq.
Day 3:NUUK - SMALLEST CAPITAL IN THE WORLD
You will have the morning to sleep in or to do some last minute sightseeing. In the afternoon, you will board your flight to your next stop, the small and friendly capital city of Nuuk. After arriving and settling in at your hotel, the rest of the day is free for you to spend at your leisure.
For a good overview of Greenlandic history and culture, spend some time at the National Museum, which houses a large collection of objects, including kayaks, umiaks and ceremonial costumes. The Nuuk Art Museum also contains many traditional artworks. For a taste of more modern culture and art, head to the Katuaq cultural centre, which is also a great place for a coffee break.
Spend the night in Nuuk.
Day 4:ICEBERGS UNDER THE MIDNIGHT SUN
Today you will fly to your next destination: the charming village of Ilulissat, situated about 250 km north of the Arctic Circle. Ilulissat is best known for its location at the mouth of the 56 kilometre-long Ilulissat Icefjord, which was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2004. On arrival, you will be taken to your accommodation and then you can spend the rest of the afternoon as you wish, before enjoying an included dinner. Later in the evening, you will set sail for a guided late-evening cruise through the majestic Icefjord, which awes visitors with its maze of giant icebergs illuminated by the rosy glow of the midnight sun.
Spend the next two nights in Ilulissat.
Day 5:EXPLORE ILULISSAT AS YOU WISH
The day is free for you to create your own adventure! You can choose from a wide range of exciting optional excursions, such as helicopter rides over icebergs, boat tours to the enormous Eqi glacier with its giant chunks of calved ice, and village walks, whale watching safaris or excursions to the small, remote settlements in the area. In the evening, enjoy an included dinner at your hotel. Note: We recommend booking the optional activities in advance through your travel consultant at Nordic Visitor, though you may also book activities at your hotel in Ilulissat during your stay.
Day 6:GOODBYE GREENLAND
Today it’s time to say goodbye to this majestic island. Depending on when your departure flight takes off, you may have some time for one final optional guided excursion or some last-minute souvenir shopping.
• Accommodation (comfort) for 5 nights
• Flights to/from Greenland
• Domestic Flight in Greenland
• Information meeting in Greenland
• Dinner at Hotel Narsaq
• Two Dinners at Hotel Arctic
• City Tour
• Daily Breakfast
• Transfers to/from Nuuk Airport
• Shuttle transfers to/from Ilulissat Airport
• 24/7 helpline
• Taxes & service fees
• Personal travel insurance
• Optional activities – can be added on request
• Meals & drinks at restaurants and entrance fees (unless otherwise stated)
Highlights of the tour
- Return airfare with tax, 2 nights accommodation in Narsaq, 1 nights accommodation in Nuuk, 2 nights in Ilulissat, meals as per itinerary, sightseeing as per itinerary, airport transfers.
- Flights to/from Greenland can be included in the package on request for an additional fee. Please contact your travel consultant for further information.
- The summer climate in Greenland is generally mild and dry with average temperatures of 5 – 7° Celsius. However, due to the possibility of sudden weather changes, we recommend bringing warm, waterproof outerwear, thermal layers and good hiking boots and/or rubber boots. It is also ideal to bring mosquito repellent and sunglasses.
- The itinerary can change without notice due to weather conditions. In the rare event that an activity is cancelled, you will be refunded for that activity.
- We strongly recommend buying travel insurance.
- The currency in Greenland is Danish Krona (DKK). We recommend bringing some Danish currency or a debit card (bank card) with a 4-digit PIN number for cash withdrawals at ATM machines.
- See our Travel Guide for more information about weather conditions, what to pack, currency and other practical information about travelling in Greenland.
- Initial deposit – rs. 1,00,000/- to confirm your booking with us.
- 2nd payment 50% of the tour cost at least 45 days prior.
- Remaining full payment 15 days before departure- 100% of the tour cost.
- Date of booking to 30 days the cancellation charges will be 25% of the tour cost.
- 30 to 15 days – the cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost.
- 15 to 7 days – the cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost.
- Less than 7 days – Total amount will be forfeited and no refund shall be given.
- No show – Total amount will be forfeited and no refund shall be given.
- Cancellation Policy is subject to change. It’s purely depends upon the cancellation policy of respective hotels. In Peak seasons, Some hotels may charge 100% cancellation. Refunds normally take 10 working days after the cancellation request has been raised & transferred electronically to your bank account.